Thursday, March 18, 2010

Memories


This is probably the only known picture in the world of Miss Bobbi and I. My daughter will certainly have a fit seeing her image here...with her big hair!!! I can still remember our first meeting...our sons were fighting! We have seen each other thru alot of storms and good times. Our Saturday crafting time, divorces, growing children then grandkids, moves, and sadly the loss of both our mothers. Time has changed our friendship...it has made us sisters. That and she's the only person that I can make Dr. Pepper come thru her nose and will still talk to me! Bobbi's mother was a talented beader, something that at the time Bobbi didn't take much notice of. One whole afternoon we sat at my kitchen table, I read the directions and we made a beaded Christmas ornament cover. Her first beaded anything. I am honored for having this person in my life and more honored for that day. Miss Bobbi is now a very talented beader in her own right. She laughs at my silly jokes, she cries with me and probably understands me better than my husband. We have grown together in the years past and hopefully we will be 2 old ladies in a nursing home together, racing our wheelchairs down the corridors...getting into trouble...something we have always been good at! So heres to more late night conversations, more births, more trouble, but most of all...more loving memories for me and my sister.

1 comment:

  1. Sis, gosh...I seen our picture up and now I've read your post, well I'm speechless and teary eyed. Thank you so much for all your wonderful, and sweet words! Also for all our awesome and treasured memories we have! I don't know what I'd do without you as a friend and my Sis! I'd sure be lost!
    We've been through alot together, have had our ups, downs and all arounds. We've had a Guild together, and we're still Daffy! Down through all the years we've gone from just friends, somehow distant relatives to very close sisters and I sure wouldn't have it any other way!
    I remember that picture like it was yesterday. It's been about 17 years now since it's been taken. Time sure does go by so quickly. I hope that this doesn't mean that we're that much older though, does it Sis? hmm Well if it does it just would mean that we're that much closer to us being 2 old ladies in a nursing home together, racing our wheelchairs down the corridors! You know, one day that will be us!
    You're so right, how many times now have you made Dr. Pepper come out my nose. lol Hey, but I almost got you that one time with some milk. That should count for something. lol You make me laugh so hard sometimes, especially when you're tired you get so silly!
    I'm so happy that you made a blog! Now you'll see why I don't want a Face-book or Space account. lol I love it here in Blogland and I know you will to! I have to tell you that I just adore that picture of you and your mother...wow, you both looked so wonderful! Your mom was so sweet, she was the nicest, kindest woman! I just love that picture!
    I also loveeee all your mini's! Your work is incredible Sis! In no time I'll bet you'll have hundreds of followers just to see your fantastic mini's that you've made!
    I see Miss Belle's picture and Mr. Jackson...how sweet! They're both getting so big!
    I also love, love, love my dollhouse that you made for me! I can't wait to get it! So...this means next week you have to work on yours so you need more room and then I'll get mine...sounds like a pretty good plan, right Sis???
    Well Sweetie, thank you, thank you, thank you!
    Hugs and much love to you...
    Bobbi

    ReplyDelete