Friday, March 19, 2010

The little Easter scene


This is still a work in progress. I found the lil bunnies in my mothers kitchen window and they begged me to give them a home. The back and ground are made from my stash of foamboard ( Thank you Miss Margaret) covered with egg carton. (each piece was hand cut, glued and painted) I almost hate to admit that the grass is shredded wheat cereal which I painted and will varnish hoping to preserve it. The butterflies are punched from purple cardstock left over from another project with glitter added to edges. Cost of project =$0.00,
giving a home to my mom's bunnies = priceless.

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow, the total recycle, this is awesome. I love the egg carton job, well done. Looks like a stone wall.
    This is very cute.

    Well Howdy Miss B so glad to see you here.
    Thanks so much for stopping by.
    You are so sweet, thank you for that wonderful comment.
    The Iron angels are now iconic for survival, I just love that!!
    Sending you huge love and hugs back Miss B!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Beth, what a great idea to recycle everything! This Easter scene is coming out fantastic so far, I can't wait to see it when it's all finished! I just loveee it, you always come up with the most awesome ideas Sis! I love the butterflies on the wall to, very pretty, and to think what shredded wheat cereal will do! lol What a cool idea! Hope your day is a great one. I'll talk to you later.
    Hugs and much love...
    Bobbi

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing!!! Recycle art and how beautiful it is.

    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete